Ahmedabad: Team India’s wrist spinner Yuzvendra Chahal has taken a big record by taking a wicket in the first T20 International match against England. Yuzvendra Chahal has now become the highest wicket-taker for India in the T20 International format.
Chahal broke Bumrah’s record
Yuzvendra Chahal has achieved this great feat, breaking the record of Jasprit Bumrah. The name of Yuzvendra Chahal has now become the highest 60 wickets for India in T20 International. Earlier, Yuzvendra Chahal was joint first with Jasprit Bumrah with 59 wickets, but now he has also left Bumrah behind.
Chahal now has 60 wickets
Yuzvendra Chahal has 60 wickets in 46 T20 Internationals. At the same time, Bumrah has taken 59 wickets in 50 T20 Internationals. Bumrah is not a part of this T20 series because of his wedding preparations. Talking about Yuzvendra Chahal, he has the record of taking 5 wickets in the name of T20 International once. Yuzvendra Chahal’s best bowling figure in T20 International is 6 wickets for 25 runs.
Highest wicket taker for India in T20 International
1. Yuzvendra Chahal – 60 wickets
2. Jasprit Bumrah – 59 wickets
3. Ravichandran Ashwin – 52 wickets
4. Bhuvneshwar Kumar – 41 wickets
5. Kuldeep Yadav / Ravindra Jadeja – 39 wickets
6. Hardik Pandya – 38 wickets
Record of highest wickets in three formats for India
1. ODI International – 334 wickets – Anil Kumble
2. Test – 619 wickets – Anil Kumble
3. T20 International – 60 wickets – Yuzvendra Chahal