New Delhi: Australian batsman Cameron Bancroft recently made a big disclosure. He said that Australian bowlers were also aware of the incident of ball tempering. According to Bancroft, the players already knew about ball tempering during the Test series in South Africa. But now this controversy has taken a new turn.
Bencraft sues his statement
Cameron Bancroft has told Cricket Australia that he has no further information on the 2018 ball tampering controversy, while earlier he said that the bowlers were aware of the misconduct during the Newlands Test. He said this after Cricket Australia’s offer to investigate the matter afresh.
Currently, Cameron Bancroft, who is playing county cricket for Durham in England, gave this information to the ethics unit of Cricket Australia. He was contacted for new information in the case. The Sydney Morning Herald quoted sources as saying, “Bencroft, who is playing county cricket in Britain, responded on Monday and said he has no new information to give to Cricket Australia.”
Previously made a big claim
Cameron Bancroft was caught on camera in the third test against South Africa in 2018 by rubbing a ball with a ball. He said in an interview last week that the rest of the bowlers were aware of that action. According to the report, Bencroft later had to give clarification to all the bowlers. It claimed, “He claimed that he was surprised by a barrage of unexpected questions and did not say anything malicious.” Bencroft, Steve Smith and David Warner had to face sanctions in the case of tampering with the ball.