A Twitter video by SCMP News can be seen that a man was walking on the sidewalk when a spark suddenly erupted in his side bag and caught fire. He unloaded his side bag and threw it down as soon as the fire broke out, but photographs shown in the video showed that the incident burned the person’s hair and eyelids and left a light burn mark on his arm as well. This person claims that the phone belonged to the Samsung company, which he bought in 2016. He also said that the phone’s battery was never replaced and the phone was not charging inside the bag when the fire occurred. The burnt phone is also shown at the end of the video, but it does not prove that the phone was actually from Samsung or any other.
Battery swollen could be one reason, secondly there might be other articles in the bag that got in contact with the phone internal parts maybe the back cover was not closed in proper condition. Why are Chinese using such old phones when they come out with new phones every month.
– Stoney (@tony_dsilva) April 21, 2021
Many users on Twitter have speculated that a bloated battery may have been the reason behind the fire. A Twitter user named Stoney (@tony_dsilva) says the cause of the fire may have been a bloated battery or it could be that the back panel of the phone did not close properly and any baggage kept in the phone’s interior. Have come in contact with the part.
No point to name the brand. It’s a 5yrs old phone. Battery must be swell by now. The battery of my ZTE BA910, bought in 2017, got swell 2yrs later and lucky it did not catch fire.
– Jackie Lan ???? (@ jackielan2000) April 20, 2021
Another user named Jackie Lan (@ jackielan2000) said that there is no need to take the name of the mobile company, as the phone was five years old and it is likely that its battery may have run out. The user said that the battery of his ZTE BA910 phone, purchased in 2017, swelled after 2 years.
For the latest tech news, smartphone reviews and exclusive offers on popular mobiles, download the Gadgets 360 Android app and follow us on Google News.