How to prevent unknown users from adding you to WhatsApp groups
Thankfully, WhatsApp has a setting that you can change in the Privacy section of your WhatsApp account that protects you from being added to random groups. This setting lets you set who can add you to groups and, by default, the setting is set to ‘Everyone’, which means that anyone with your phone number can add you to the group. can add. It’s important to note that even after changing the setting, group admins can still send you an invite link and prompt you to join the group. To avoid random people being added to the group, follow the steps given below-
- Open WhatsApp, click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings option and then tap on Account.
- Click on Privacy > Groups. The default setting is likely to be set to ‘Everyone’.
- You can choose from three options – ‘Everyone’, ‘My Contacts’, and ‘My Contacts Except’
- The “Everyone” option allows any user with your phone number to add you to a group without your permission.
- The ‘My Contact’ option only allows users to add you to groups whose numbers you have saved in your contact list.
- Whereas the last option ‘My Contacts Except’ lets you choose who can add you to groups by allowing you to further filter and remove contacts that you don’t want to be added to a group.
Download the Gadgets 360 Android app and follow us on Google News for the latest tech news, smartphone reviews and exclusive offers on popular mobile phones.