Massive fire breaks out in 13-tonne battery at Tesla Megapack battery unit in Australia

0
A fire broke out during a test Friday at a Tesla Megapack battery unit in Australia. The fire broke out during a test run at one of the world’s largest energy storage projects operated by France’s Neoen SA, fire officials said. The fire broke out during preliminary testing of the high-profile energy project known as the Victorian Big Battery near Melbourne on Friday morning local time, no one was injured and the facility was evacuated, officials said. Went.

“Neon and Tesla are working closely with on-site emergency services to handle the situation,” Neoen Managing Director Louis de Sambusi said in a statement. The site was cut off from the grid and “there will be no impact on the electricity supply”, de Sambusi said. The statement did not specify the cause of the fire.

Fire Rescue Victoria said crews with breathing equipment were working to stop the fire from spreading to nearby batteries from the 13-tonne battery. A scientific officer from the fire department was conducting atmospheric monitoring, although he said there was no danger to the community.
A Tesla spokesperson in Australia could not be immediately reached.

The total cost of the project has not been disclosed, but Neon earlier this year received AUD 160 million (approximately $450 million) in cheap finance from the Australian government to help fund the larger battery designed to produce a large battery designed to produce 450MWh of electricity. 870 crores) won. Tesla supplied its Megapack technology for the project, which is scheduled to begin operations in time for the Australian summer beginning in December.

.

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here