Earlier on Friday, Tencent said that the company is in talks with the government to bring PUBG back on the mobile platform. India is one of the largest markets for PUBG Mobile, with more than 50 million daily active users, although the revenue share is very small. Even PUBG Mobile was being played more and more in the ongoing lockdown due to the coronavirus epidemic in India. Through this, the youth were living in their homes and spending time with their friends and it was becoming a way of digital interaction.
The IT ministry on Wednesday issued a press statement announcing a ban on Chinese apps in the country. The statement said the ban was “imposed after receiving numerous complaints from various sources, including several reports about the misuse of several mobile apps available on Android and iOS, including unauthorized access to users’ data in India. Sending to outside installed servers was also included. The government claims that the banned apps are “dangerous to the sovereignty and integrity of the country”.
However, apart from this, another interesting news has emerged for Indian mobile gamers. On Friday, a new mobile game FAU-G has been announced in India, which is being developed by the Indian-origin game company. It will be a native PUBG mobile option, to be published by Bengaluru-based nCore Games. Twitter has been used by Indian sports industry giant Vishal Gondal and actor Akshay Kumar to promote the FAU-G game. FAU-G (colloquially speaking military) will be known as Fearless and United-Guards and the tweets promoting the game say it is 20 per cent of its revenue from the government’s fund-raising initiative ‘Bharat Ke Veer’. Will donate to However, there is no word on when FAU-G will be released. It is also unclear whether the game will be limited to mobile devices only, or a PC version will also be released.
For the latest tech news, smartphone reviews and exclusive offers on popular mobiles, download the Gadgets 360 Android app and follow us on Google News.