Twitter user Ankur Sharma Told The explosion on the OnePlus Nord 2 took place on Sunday morning when his wife got out of her bicycle carrying a smartphone in her sling bag. “Suddenly the phone exploded and smoke started coming out of it. Due to this explosion, she became the victim of an accident.”
The user said in a tweet that he later deleted this tweet but at the time of writing this news, it was done. cache version was available. He also posted three photos purportedly showing the exploded OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
The official OnePlus Support account on Twitter replied to Sharma’s tweet and asked him to get in touch with the company over direct message.
It is not yet clear whether OnePlus has compensated the affected user for the alleged blast. Sharma did not respond to a direct message on Twitter, asking whether the company had approached him for compensation.
In an emailed statement to Gadgets 360, a OnePlus spokesperson said it was investigating the matter. “We take such incidents seriously. Our team has already reached out to the user and is investigating further.
Gadgets 360 sent the company some follow-up questions, asking whether there was prima facie evidence to suggest that the problem was caused by improper use or a manufacturing defect, and whether the company had asked the user about its posted tweets. asked to remove it. However, the spokesperson did not respond till the time of publication of the news.
OnePlus Nord 2 was launched last month and went on sale in India only last week. It comes with a handful of upgrades compared to the original OnePlus Nord and one of them is a bigger 4,500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 fast charging. The phone is the first phone in the company’s portfolio to be equipped with MediaTek Dimensity SoC instead of Qualcomm chipset.
Notably, this is not the first time OnePlus smartphones have exploded. In July 2019, the OnePlus One caught fire and exploded. The company interestingly responded to that incident with a similar statement.