Note: The Co-WIN app on Google Play or App Store is for administrators only. The Ministry of Health shared the information via tweet stating that the app will be used only by administrators and all others can register for the Kovid 19 vaccine through the Co-WIN portal (http://cowin.gov.in) .
How to register for COVID-19 vaccine via www.cowin.gov.in
1. To get a Kovid-19 vaccine, you must first register yourself and take an appointment. For this, you have to go to the Co-WIN registration portal.
2. Enter your mobile number here, after which OTP will come to you. Now you have to enter the six digit code received through SMS.
3. As soon as the OTP is verified, the registration form will open in front of you. Here you have to choose any one photo ID and enter the information related to it. Apart from this, you have to enter information like name, gender and date of birth.
Note: Because the first phase is only for senior citizens over 60 years of age and people over 45 years of age (comorbidities). So if you are out of both these categories, then your form will not be submitted.
4. At the end of this form you will be asked if you have any comorbidities. Here you have to choose yes or no.
5. After the basic registration is complete, you can add up to four other members to your registered mobile number as well. For this, you click on the ‘Add button’ and enter the information of the person to be added.
6. Three icons will be found on the right side with the information of the added person. You can re-edit the information of each person through them or take a separate appointment for each of their people or delete that person’s account.
7. Now you have to click on the “Book Appointment for Vaccination” page and enter the information like State, District, Block and Pincode. After this you have to click on the “Search” button.
8. By doing this you will see the information about all the vaccination centers around the window. You can select any one of these centers and check the available appointment slots in it. You can choose the center where your slot of choice is available.
9. After this you have to click on the “Book” option.
10. Now the “Appointment Confirmation” page will open in front of you, in which you will be shown all the information you have entered and selected. If all these details are correct, you can click on “Confirm” and if you want to edit any information again, you can click on the “Back” button.
11. Finally, you will see the “Appointment Successful” page, which you can download.
12. If you want to change the date of your appointment, you can log-in again via the mobile number and OTP on this portal and on the calendar icon next to the account of the person for whom you want to change the date. You can change the appointment by clicking.
How to register for COVID-19 vaccine via Aarogya Setu
1. Open the Aarogya Setu app and go to the CoWIN tab at the top right
2. Tap on ‘Vaccination’ here and if you are a new user, click on ‘Register Now’.
3. Now enter your mobile number and verify the account by entering the OTP received via SMS.
4. Now you have to follow the above registration process, because the entire process from here is similar to CoWIN portal.