September 25, 2022
iPhone Clean Energy Charging Feature Announced, Coming to iOS 16 This Year: All the Details


Clean Energy Charging, a feature that will help optimize charging times to use the energy grid’s clean energy sources, is coming to iPhone handsets in the US later this year. The Cupertino-based tech giant says the new feature is aimed at reducing the carbon footprint caused by its iPhone handsets. Apple said in 2020 that it is committed to becoming carbon neutral across its business over the next decade, including its products and vast supply chain.

Along with the rollout of iOS 16, Apple also announced that it will introduce a new clean energy charging feature for supported iPhone models running iOS 16 this year. The US tech giant teases the new feature in its footnote Press release, According to Apple, the Clean Energy Charging feature will help optimize charging times when the grid is using clean energy sources and will be available to users in the US.

Back in 2020, Apple said it plans to remove carbon emissions from its entire business, including its products and vast supply chain, by 2030.

At the time, the iPhone maker said that its global corporate operations, such as offices and data centers, were already carbon neutral, but it would expand its effort to the thousands of suppliers that contribute to its products.

Apple also said it aims to achieve 75 percent of the target by reducing emissions, with the remaining 25 percent coming from carbon removal or offset projects such as planting trees and restoring habitats.

In April 2021, Apple announced a $200 million (about Rs 1,600 crore) fund to invest in wood-producing commercial forestry projects with the goal of generating profit as well as removing carbon from the atmosphere.


For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 Twitter, FacebookAnd Google News, Subscribe to us for the latest videos on gadgets and technology Youtube channel,

iPhone 14 Series Price, Offers on Amazon, Flipkart, Croma and Reliance Digital



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.