iOS 9, the latest and greatest version of Apple’s operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices, is now available for download. If you’re wondering whether your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is eligible for the update, and/or how you can download iOS 9 to your Apple device, or back up all data on your device before installing How to get iOS 9, we’ve got you covered.
,See also: 15 iOS 9 Features That Make Your iPhone and iPad Better Than Ever)
Will my iOS device get iOS 9?
If your device is running iOS 8, it is eligible for an iOS 9 upgrade. Apple hasn’t discontinued OS upgrade support for any devices this year, but some features like split-screen multitasking for the iPad will only work on the new device. The following iOS devices will receive the iOS 9 update. The iPad Pro, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad mini 4 will come with iOS 9 pre-installed and therefore will not appear on this list.
,See also:How You Can Get iOS 9 Apple News App Outside the US)
While the iOS update process is usually pretty smooth, it is still recommended that you back up to ensure that your data is safe. This way.
,See also: How to take a complete backup of your old iPhone)
You can do this via iCloud or iTunes, but we recommend that you do it through iTunes, as it doesn’t require an internet connection. Here are the steps to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
1) Connect your iOS device to PC or Mac.
2) Open iTunes.
3) top-left (to the left of .) my music), click the icon that represents your iOS device (the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch icon).
4) Under backupyou will see the sub top Back up and restore manually,
5) Click backup now To start backing up your iOS device.
Once you’ve backed up the required data for the default apps, iTunes will ask you if you want to transfer purchases. It backs up all the apps installed on your phone as well as the data downloaded in those apps. To do this, you need to sign in with your Apple ID.
If you don’t have access to a computer, you can use an iCloud backup. Only 5GB is free and you have to pay Rs. 60 per month for additional storage on iCloud.
1) To start backing up on your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup,
2) turn on the marked switch icloud backup, You’ll get a warning telling you that your iPhone won’t back up to your computer automatically. tap Well,
3) Once iCloud Backup is on, tap backup now, This will start backing up your data to iCloud.
Wait for the backup to finish before proceeding. After the backup is complete you should see the last backup time (which should appear just below Back Up Now).
Download and Install iOS 9
With the backup complete, you can quickly install iOS 9 on your Apple device. Once again, you can do this directly on your iOS device or through iTunes. In this case we recommend doing so through the device itself. The iOS 9 update is the bigger download, but the amount of free space required on your device is less than iOS 8, so it’s unlikely to be as troublesome as last year when you’re installing iOS 9. Here’s how to get the iOS 9 update over-the-air (OYA)
1) On your iOS device, make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi (you can’t download updates over mobile data) and plug it into a power source – the second step isn’t mandatory, but to be sure It is recommended that you do not run out of battery in the middle of the process.
2) go to Settings > General > Software Update,
3) On this screen, you will see a message that states that iOS 9 is available. tap Download and install, Now the device will start downloading the update.
4) Once the download is complete, you will see a pop-up asking if you want to install the update. tap establish, That’s it. When the update is installed, your iPhone will restart.
Here’s How To Download iOS 9 Via iTunes
If you get an error that there is not enough free space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to install an update, or if you want to install the update on multiple devices of the same type (for example, three iPhones in your family) 6 models), you’re better off installing iOS 9 via iTunes by following these steps:
1) Open iTunes on your PC or Mac.
2) Connect the iOS device to your computer. In iTunes, select your device icon on the bar at the top.
3) Now click on Summary tab and click check for Update,
4) Click to download and install iOS 9 Download and Update,
Once the installation is complete, follow the on-screen instructions and you can start using iOS 9. For more tutorials, visit our How To section.