Here are the steps to switch to Vodafone 4G SIM:
1. Visit any nearest Vodafone store and place your request for a 4G-ready SIM.
2. After proper identification process and 4G-enabled handset compatibility check by Vodafone staff, you will receive a new 4G-SIM card.
3. To activate the card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket provided to you)
4. You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with the partial SIM number entered.
5. Send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step.
6. You will receive a successful SMS, after which your 4G-ready SIM will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
7. Thereafter, replace your old SIM with a new 4G-ready SIM in the handset and continue using Vodafone services without any interruption.
That’s it. Now you can start using the new sim. You will get the benefits of high-speed 4G services as soon as they launch commercially in your region.