As much as everyone wants paper to become obsolete, it stubbornly refuses to be taken away from our lives. Thankfully, in many situations, such as when you are trying to show your ticket to enter an airport, soft copies of documents are accepted. You can carry a PDF of your ticket on the smartphone and a physical copy of a photo ID to enter. Sometimes you may receive an email with the ticket or it may be on a website. If you open these on your iPhone or iPad, printing them to PDF is an easy way to save them for reference. However, the method is not very clear. Here are the various ways you can print any document to PDF from your iOS device.
How to print from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using AirPrint?
A lot depends on the app. If the app you’re printing from supports AirPrint, follow these steps. If you don’t know if the app supports AirPrint, see if you are able to follow these steps:
- Open the document or image you want to print.
- tap share button Tap More in the app impression,
- You will now see a pop-up asking you to select a printer. A print preview appears below it.
- You can 3D Touch any page in Preview or Pinch With two fingers (like when you try to zoom in).
- This will show you a preview of the PDF. tap share button bottom left.
- Now you can share in any app of your choice through share sheet.
The easiest way to save these locally is to add these documents to iCloud Drive or simply email them to yourself.
If you don’t see the Print button, the app probably doesn’t have AirPrint support. In this case you’ll need to copy the content you need to print to another app that supports AirPrint — like Apple’s Safari, Notes, or Photos — and then print them to PDF. If copying is not an option, you can use a third-party app such as Printer Pro, After installing the app, try these steps.
- Open the file you want in your app as usual
- tap share button,
- tap Print with Printer Pro,
- This will open the Printer Pro app, where you have to tap on the blue button on the screen – add printer,
- tap pdf printer,
- tap blue impression button below.
Now Printer Pro will convert the document to pdf and save it in the app. To access it, simply open Printer Pro, tap document And the PDF will appear there. You can easily transfer it to other apps like Dropbox, or your favorite chat or mail apps. share icon and harness I will open…,
How do you print files to PDF from your iOS device? Let us know through comment. For more tutorials, visit the How To section.