One of the best features of Xbox One is the ability to create ‘parties’. Parties let you and up to eleven other friends form groups and talk to each other. Think of it as a group Skype call that’s only happening while you’re playing your favorite multiplayer game. Chat runs parallel to the game you’re playing, so your friends can join you in games, and play and chat with you.
This can be handy for games with a strong multiplayer component like Destiny and Halo, which are better with friends. You can strategize together, or just make fun of a friend who did something incredibly stupid in the game.
There are three ways for you to start the party on Xbox One. Here’s what you need to know.
1) Invite from your friend list
Start the party yourself by inviting other players to join the group. You will send invitations one by one with this method.
1. On the Home screen, go to Friends Hub and select Friend tile
2. Select the friend you want to invite.
3. Select Sendand then choose party invites,
4. Your Xbox Party will pop up on your screen.
(See also: How to Take and Share Screenshots on Xbox One,
2) Invite your friends to the party
If someone else has already started the party, you don’t even have to wait for the invitation. 1. Go to Friends Hub and select Friend tile
2. Select a friend and on that friend’s gamer card, scroll down Add choose more Celebration,
3) Invite multiple friends and start your party
Want to set up a party quickly with a large group of friends? This is the easiest way.
1. Select crackand then choose Celebration,
2. Select invite to party,
3. Select the friends you want to add to your share from the list that pops up.
4. Finally, choose Celebration from the list of invite to alternative.
(See also: How to Share Xbox One Games,
Keep in mind that you need a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription to start or join a party and you must be signed in to the gamertag associated with that membership. Also remember that the party is no longer active when you turn off your console. You have to create a new party again.
Do you use parties while gaming? Tell us via comments which multiplayer features you use the most.
OnePlus X aka OnePlus Mini set to launch on October 29