If you’ve seen the Pokémon animated series, you probably have a soft spot for Pikachu, the favorite Pokémon of protagonist Ash Ketchum. Pikachu has many fans who haven’t been able to find it in Pokemon Go. This is a rare Pokemon in the game, and this guide provides the only surefire way to catch it.
,See also:pokemon go review)
The bad news is that it only works for new accounts. If you’re already playing the game, you’ll need to start over with a new Google Account or create a new Pokémon Trainer Club account. If you don’t mind getting started, follow these steps.
,See alsoHow to play Pokemon Go in India? Here’s everything you need to know)
- Download Pokemon Go on Android or Install Pokemon Go for iOS
- sign up with new Google or Pokemon Trainer Club account.
- Professor Willow will give you a choice of three Pokémon – Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur. Ignore all three and walk away.
- When you are far enough away from them, the same three Pokemon will come to you again. Ignore them again and walk away.
- Repeat this step at least twice and you’ll see Pikachu appear with the above three Pokémon.
- Tap on Pikachu, throw the Pokeball and catch it.
,See also: Pokemon Go Tips & Tricks)
How many times do you need to go far until the pikachu falls apart. We tried this with two new accounts and once we ignored the original three Pokémon four times and another time after we ignored them five times they appeared. Just be patient and make sure you ignore the original Pokémon, no matter how tempting it may be to catch them.
,See also: How to Download Pokemon Go on iPhone)
There is a small chance that you will find a Pikachu in the wild but it is certainly not common. If you’re really attached to it, this method is probably your best bet for getting hold of it.
Have you caught a Pikachu, Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur in the wild? Let us know through comments or post where you caught it on our forum. Visit our How To section for more tutorials.