The Delhi High Court on Monday deferred hearing on Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla’s plea to quash her suit against 5G wireless network technology.
Justice Sanjeev Narula recused from hearing Chawla’s plea and directed that it be listed before another bench on July 29.
“Subject to the order of the Chief Justice, to be listed before another bench on July 29,” the judge said.
Last week, Justice JR Midha had directed that Chawla’s application, which sought to declare his suit against the 5G rollout to be “disallowed” instead of “dismissed”, should be filed against a deposit of Rs. Later to be placed before Justice Narula. 20 lakhs spent
Chawla’s counsel argued that the suit, which “never reached the stage of litigation”, can only be dismissed or returned in terms of the Code of Civil Procedure, and cannot be dismissed.
The court had also given a week’s time to deposit the cost after Chawla decided not to pressurize the application for its waiver. Chawla also withdrew the application for refund of court fee.
In June, the court had described the suit by Chawla and two others against the 5G rollout as “defective”, “abuse of process of law” and filed to “get publicity” and cost it with was rejected.
Justice Midha said that the suit, which raised questions about health hazards due to 5G technology, is “not maintainable” and “full of unnecessary reprehensible, frivolous and disturbing statements” which deserves to be dismissed. are eligible.
The court said that the suit filed by the actress-environmentalist and others was to gain publicity, which was evident as Chawla circulated the video conferencing link of the hearing on her social media account, resulting in three repeated disruptions by unidentified miscreants. who continued to disrupt despite repeated warnings. ,