October 5, 2022
Ricky Martin sues his nephew for  million of false sexual abuse allegations

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Puerto Rican superstar Ricky Martin filed a lawsuit Wednesday against his nephew alleging extortion, malicious harassment, abuse of the law and damages stemming from false allegations of sexual abuse.

Martin’s lawyers said the nephew’s claim, which he has since dropped, caused the singer millions of dollars in loss of income.

The lawsuit, filed in the US Territory Court of First Instance, alleges that Martin was “harassed, surrounded, harassed, stalked and forcibly evicted” by his “harassed” nephew for economic reasons. It further alleges that if the nephew does not receive any financial benefits, he will continue to “murder the reputation and integrity of the artist”.

The lawsuit argues that harassment continues, although Martin’s nephew, Dennis Yadeel Sanchez, identified as Martin, admitted under oath in July that he was never sexually assaulted by the artist.

Sanchez had previously taken legal action against his uncle based on false allegations that prompted a judge in Puerto Rico to issue a restraining order against Martin in July, which was later suspended by a court. .

According to the lawsuit, those allegations resulted in at least $10 million in lost income to Martin, including canceled contracts and projects, as well as $20 million in damage to his reputation.

The attorney representing Sanchez in that case could not be immediately contacted for comment. It was unclear whether she would represent Sanchez in the lawsuit filed Wednesday.

FILE: Ricky Martin will attend the amfAR gala Cannes 2022 in May.  The singer claims that she has lost millions of dollars in income from false sexual abuse allegations against her.
FILE: Ricky Martin will attend the amfAR gala Cannes 2022 in May. The singer claims that she has lost millions of dollars in income from false sexual abuse allegations against her.

Sameer Hussain/WireImage via Getty Images

The lawsuit states that from October 2021 to January 2022, Sanchez will send 10 messages a day to Martin, most of which are “meaningless diatribes with no specific purpose.”

It also accused Sanchez of publishing Martin’s personal number on Instagram, which forced the singer to change her number.

According to the lawsuit, several months went by without a message to Sanchez until a protection order was requested against Martin in July.

It also said that Sanchez falsely alleged that she had a romantic relationship with Martin for seven months and that Martin reportedly did not want to end the relationship and kept calling Sanchez repeatedly.

“Nothing is further from the truth,” according to the lawsuit.

It also said that the first two restraining orders were filed against Sanchez in an unrelated stalking case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.